Monday, January 26, 2009

6 Months!


Now that you are sitting up unassisted it is so hard to get a good picture of you! You are constantly moving and wiggling and bouncing. You also won't leave your monkey alone! And trying to get a smile out of you is like pulling teeth! You obviously have developed a personality and are making us earn your smiles! But that's ok with me because when you do smile it melts my heart even more. Andy, you have no idea how much I love you. Parents are right, when you have a child it is just crazy how much more love can pour out of you. You make each day more special and more memorable than I ever thought possible. 

Here's where you're at:
- Sitting up unassisted! You still fall over when you get too excited but your balance improves by the day.
- You can stand alone for a few seconds when leaning against something.
- Your sitting in shopping carts now! You love the new view.
- Blowing Raspberries [started about 2 weeks ago]
- You are also popping your jaw which freaks me out. You seem to enjoy it.
- Making more sounds. Using "m" and "n" and "d" adding to your "a" and "g"
- You love to grab your feet whenever possible and you are starting to suck on your toes.
- You also seem to hate socks and rub your feet together until the come off.
- You are definitely turning when we call your name. You respond better to "Andres" than "Andy" I think I gonna stop using "Andy" so I don't confuse you.
- You roll from back to belly but still refuse to roll from belly to back. We work on this every day now.
- You are in the process of cutting your first bottom tooth so you are desperately sucking on everything! I hope this tooth comes in this month because we for sure thought it would cut thru last month, and you have been very unhappy the last 3 days.
- You can hold small objects between your thumb and index finger. I have a necklace I wear that has a round charm the size of a cheerio and you focus really hard and pick it up. [i just read you're suppose to do this at 8 months. Maybe you're working on these things instead of trying to roll over]
- I think you'll be right handed. You definitely give preference to that side.
- You pass objects from hand to hand.
- For a month now you have been picking up your pacifier and putting it in your mouth with no help.

Yeah I could go on.. but you're basically doing everything you should be at 6 months except rolling over. You really don't like this. But you will! 

Happy Half Birthday Baby!!


PS
And by the end of the night you rolled from belly to back! YAY! Guess you were saving it for today. You are an official 2 way roller!

AND

More pictures to come. I want to get some in natural daylight so I don't have to use flash. It's hard since I'm mostly home at night. So hopefully Saturday we can get some good shots!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that picture of Andres!!
so cute!
yet so mysterious!!