Yesterday I had my follow-up appointment with my doctor. She did an ultrasound to make sure everything was out. It all looked good and I was given the O.K. to resume normal activities. This makes me very happy as it has been about 2.5 weeks since my D&C. Now our lives can really get back to normal [hopefully AF makes an appearance in the near future]. I'm excited to have healed quickly and be able to start exercising again. I missed playing soccer so much! I even have new cleats I only used once! Can't wait for that. Also looking forward to all the hiking we're gonna be doing next week when we head up to Yosemite for 4 days. But after not exercising for almost 2 months I'm a bit worried about Yosemite. I'll have to do a lot of walking the next few days to ease back into it for our trip. On Wednesday we went to the Dodger game and I almost passed out after climbing all the damn steps to get to the reserve level. My calves were even sore the next day. That's how outta shape I am. We leave for Yosemite on Thursday and return Sunday. Great end of summer trip. Looking forward to leaving the city and breathing some clean air!
As for this weekend, I plan to not make plans. I need to get some stuff organized in my life and get ready for our trip. My car has also been begging me for a car wash. Hopefully it'll be a productive weekend.
As for this weekend, I plan to not make plans. I need to get some stuff organized in my life and get ready for our trip. My car has also been begging me for a car wash. Hopefully it'll be a productive weekend.
1 comment:
Hey...I just read your blog and it brought back a lot of memories. I had a miscarriage (blighted ovum) 6 years ago. I also found out at my 8 week appt. that there was no heartbeat. I had no bleeding and no signs that anything was wrong. I remember distinctly how deeply it hurt to lose that pregnancy. I cried daily for several weeks. It does get better, though, I promise. A year to the day after I had my D and C, I gave birth to my son. You will have a healthy baby one day, too. Just hang in there!
Post a Comment