And man it feels fanfuckentastic! I'm pregnant! And I could not be anymore happy.
I had been feeling really tired and nauseous all last week, but I didn't think much of it. G and I had decided that we would stop preventing this month since I had already had 2 regular cycles. But we totally thought we missed out chance! Well by the grace of God I ovulated late and coincidently did the deed on that very day. It was so mean to be because we thought our chance had come and gone.
I immediately become consumed with the idea that I may be pregnant after all. I decided I would wait until Sunday to test. AF was due on Saturday. As always, that didn't work out. I ended up taking a test Friday morning. I couldn't sleep! Sure enough it came up positive right away. I was in such shock I didn't even react to it all until later that night when I told G.But I decided I'd tell my sister right then because I had to tell some one. G worked all morning and then I left to visit my friend A before he got home. I didn't want to tell him over the phone either. Since I wanted him to know first I didn't even tell A. Boy was that hard! I was bursting with exciting on the inside, but had to keep my cool.
On my way home that night I stopped at CVS by our home and bought G a card. I went home and wrote a long ass note about how our time had finally came again. I put the note on his pillow and waited for him to get home. It was great once he finally read it. He was floored.
On Sunday I took another test. G wanted to see one and it was our anniversary, so it was cool to do. Like our gift to ourselves! ;) I started getting really scared after that and had been holding off on calling my doctor. I was so paranoid. But I finally went in for a urine test to get the referral to go back to my lady doctor. The positive came right up at the doctor's office and felt really good.
I made my first prenatal appointment right away. They told me they were booked until after Christmas, but I decided to play th e"miscarriage card" to get an earlier appt. The girl on the phone totally sympathized and was able to squeeze me in in 2 weeks. Assome! Should be enough time to see a heartbeat as I'll almost be 7 weeks.
So this time around we are going to make sure to keep this our secret until we at least see a heartbeat. If all goes well at my first ultrasound on Dec. 13th then we may make an announcement at Christmas. I haven't decided yet though, since I would only be 8 weeks. With everything that has happened we are definitely taking this one day at a time. Living in the moment and trying to not to worry about the future. Filling our heads with positive thoughts. This is why I have made this blog completely private....for now. I want to write everything here, but I'm not ready for the world to know. Soon enough.
As for the stats -
I'm 4 weeks 4 days
EDD: August 2, 2008
Symptoms so far:
- Lots of nausea [almost got sick at a party Saturday]
- Sore Nipples [started yesterday]
- Mild cramps all last week but have tapered off.
- Emotional wreck
- Mood swings
- and fatigue....I am SO tired. Usually hits after lunch and gets really bad around 4pm.
1 comment:
Again gab, really happy for both of you congrats!!
Post a Comment