What a month we have had. I have now been on bed rest for 1 month and 4 days!!! And it sucks!! But anything to keep this baby's heart beating...right?
I started bleeding the day after our first doctors appointment. SO i was immediately put on bed rest. The bleeding would happen once and then go away, but it would happen at least once every week. So the bed rest continued straight thru the holidays. After New Years I bled again for no good reason and was put back on my strict bed rest [only get up to pee and shower]. I then bled again the following week. At our 2nd doctors appt we found out everything was still progressing perfectly. We saw a bigger baby in the ultrasound and everything looked great.
I spent a good month being scared shitless for what could've been. It's so scary to go thru this. I try not to stress because I know it's no good for the baby, but still....you can't help but be scared. I mean why so much blood? And where is it coming from?! I am now a week out since I last bled, and assuming I don't anymore I'll be able to go back to work. I pray that's the case. I'm so tired of beds.
On top of all of this my morning/all day sickness has not subsided yet. I am extremely nauseous 24/7. And the worst part is I don't throw up. Sometimes I wish I did so I could have those 30 min. of relief. But don't get me wrong, I have thrown up. Mostly in the mornings when I first wake up or late at night. But not everyday.
I'm also extremely allergic to my apartment. Sad part is I'm not kidding. I soon as I get near the front door or smell the inside, I start gagging uncontrollably until I finally throw up. It's bad. It started just being ........ ok........ I just gagged typing this out. SERIOUSLY! That's how bad it is!! It's driving me insane!! But I was saying - It started as an aversion to my kitchen and the sight of food. Any food. And now it is my entire apartment that makes me sick. Poor G tries to clean and clean and nothing works. Well it's gotten so bad that I have been spending a good 4 days out of the week at my parents house. It's nice because nothing makes me sick here and my mom is around all day to get me food and what not. But poor G. He didn't get it at first, but now he knows I'm not nuts. Everyone tells me all women get a serious aversion to something, mine is my apartment. :(
So I sit here and pray that my morning sickness does not last past the first trimester. And then I pray for a healthy and happy 200 more days. I'll be honest - the miracle of life is fascinating, but this part sure hasn't been fun.
Hopefully now I'll also have time to blog more often. I have to steal my brother's laptop to do it, so it doesn't come easy.
Feels good to write this out. I feel like I'm gonna be a mom!! :D
2 comments:
With daughter I was sick morning and night throught out my whole pregnancy.
That's the one thing I dread the most...the sickness.
I threw up the whole time. The worst? I would throw up in the shower. Also, our bedroom is on the opposite side of the house from the bathroom. So, I would throw up on the front porch when I knew I couldn't make it to the toilet. Sick. But, it's completely worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Congrats! I love your blog and you already have the makings of a fabulous mommy!
Post a Comment