Tuesday, August 18, 2009

12 Months

Dear Andy,

What an amazing year it has been. From finally getting to meet you and hold you in our arms to trying to hold on to you as you wiggled out of our arms and made us chase after you as you learned to wobble around on your two chubby little legs. You went from giving us the biggest stares as a newborn to yelling out "Dad...Mom...Dad..." as soon as you woke up.

It has been an honor to be able to shower you with love, kisses and our undivided attention day after day. No one could have prepared us for the joy that is raising a baby during their first year. You continue to be an amazing baby-soon-to-be-toddler. As many people note - you're a chill baby. :) I love that about you. Your brain continues to work hard at figuring out this crazy world you are now a part of. You have become more and more observant with your surroundings. Everything is of interest and nothing gets by with out your little finger pointing it out.

So what are you doing since you turned 11 months?
- The biggest milestone is you are walking! You started walking about 1.5 weeks before you turned 1. You are getting better and better at walking with each passing day.
- We're introducing whole milk and working on that transition. You are very unhappy about this, but I have hope.
- You still have no teeth! But we think tooth #1 is just around the corner.
- You eat everything now! Except peanut butter and nuts which your doctor would like us to wait on until you are 2.
- You weighed in at 20lbs 4oz at your 12 month check up
- You are 29.75 inches long
- Doc says you're on the small side but perfectly proportioned and healthy. :) I think the only small thing about you is your weight. Other than that you're about the same height as other 12 month babies.
- You are now letting go on the slide and going down on your own [the big slide not the baby slide!]. It's a little scary to watch you but you are so brave and have very little fear.
- You've added some pretty bad bumps to your forehead so I was waiting on taking the 12 month picture. But now I realized that was lame because I should capture you as you are.

Unfortunately Andy, this is as far as I can report. I am writing this post 3 weeks after you turned 1 and so much has already happened that I am unsure whether you were doing things before you turned 1 or after. This just goes to show you've been keeping mama busy! I know things will only get busier as you become more and more independent and mobile, but I can't wait!

Here's to another year filled with more new and amazing memories!

<3,
Mom

No comments: