One thing that I'm trying to not get concerned about is this crazy pressure I've been feeling on the lower part of my belly. I've been feeling pressure at the front of my belly/uterus. A bit down low. I started feeling it two nights ago and again yesterday, and I totally noticed it changed my center of gravity. I felt like I was being pulled forward or downward by it. It's weird. Anyone feel this ever? I've been feeling it today too throughout the day. No pain...just an uncomfortable feeling. I haven't noticed any pattern, but wouldn't it be too early for braxton hicks contractions? I hope so. I'll definitely monitor and if anything changes call my doc.
On Saturday I'll be 20 weeks. Half way there! I can't believe how fast time is flying by now. I had a bit of concern yesterday because I hadn't really felt like planning or getting ready for this baby. I don't know why, but I just haven't been all over the whole registering and picking out names and such. Feels like it's so far away till we need this stuff. We will probably have more than one shower so I have to do this. But I feel so much pressure to choose. It's crazy! I've never felt this way. Like the name thing. It's killing me. The pressure on actually naming a person. I mean I've been thinking up baby names forever, but now it's so real it's scares me. I kept freaking out at the randomest things. So not like me. I think that after our "big ultrasound" next week I'll start to feel different. Maybe more excited and willing to start planning ahead. Especially if we are lucky enough to see our baby's "goods" and find out what we're having. Can't wait for next Thursday!
4 comments:
Hey g can't believe how big you're getting...too cute!! About that pressure, I had them during my last pregnancy and it was unbearable for me, but nothing to worry about. It's your ligaments that are being pulled as your baby is growing. Read about here.
Ligaments! If you're trying to convince me into having a baby I must say you need to try a little harder. ;-)
But really, don't feel concerned about the lack of excitement on planning. Wasn't the wedding like this too? I know it was for me. Besides you have so much time left. Also, the internet is always available for adding stuff to the registry. Plus, I must admit that I’ve never bought anything off a baby registry. I feel like they’re so constricting and boring. People are going to get you what they want, especially since it’s a first. So its settled, stop worrying about preparing and only worry about taking care of yourself.
Happy to see baby G has started plumping up a bit. For a minute there I thought I was gonna have to call child services on you.
Don't worry, that pressure is normal. :) I remember it like it was yesterday, it felt like she was going to tear thru my uterus. lol.
Post a Comment