I can't believe we only have like 3 months left! Time is flying by! And we still have so much to do, but I know it'll get done.
I think this little guy did some major shifting yesterday because I am now feeling what I believe to be are kicks [since he was head down at our last ultrasound] at the top of my tummy. Yesterday, G and I were sitting in church and I felt the strongest kick so far. I had G put his hand and the baby immediately kicked again. It was crazy! G was floored. He has only felt very soft and mild movements very low. But now it's definitely harder. It trips me out to think how big the baby is getting. I feel him squirming around my entire belly. :)
So I've been thinking, why is that everyone always tells you not to buy a lot of maternity clothes? And what exactly constitutes "a lot" of clothes? I grew out of my non-preggo shirts very early on because they weren't long or flowy. So I bought a few shirts. I think it was maybe 4 or 5. I also have 1 pair of maternity jeans [ok 2, but my gap ones shrunk after getting washed and they're tight now], 1 maternity black pant, and 2 maternity khakis [but they don't count...i'll tell you why]. But now I am finding it sooooo hard to figure out what the hell to wear to work everyday! I'm wearing the same shirts and it's getting pretty friggin hard to get creative.
I gave in and bought 4 new shirts from Old Navy. I bought em online [as the store sucks]. I love all the shirts, but now I find them a bit dressy for work. I mean I use to come in in jeans and a sweatshirt! But I figure, who cares if they're dressy. I should look cute right now. So I'm starting to wear them to work. I also tend to wear my jeans almost everyday. So now I feel I need a second pair [especially since I think I got a defective pair at Old Navy because the elastic is ripping]. But then I get grief for buying more maternity clothes. Sure I'm only gonna be pregnant for 3 more months, but wearing the same shit everyday is getting old! It sucks!
Oh! And the khakis you ask? Well I bough those a month back. I left them at my moms so she could shorten them for me because they were super long as they didn't come in length size. So she finally has and I tried them on today and they fit tight! I mean super tight. Waist, legs, ass. Sucks! I can't return these anymore! I mean sure, khakis stretch a bit and tend to mold to your body, but I seriously doubt they will stretch to the next size up. *sigh* I've obviously gone thru my 2nd sideways expansion. :((
So my question is....how much maternity clothes did you buy or plan on buying?
Please help me justify my next maternity wardrobe update. :-p OMG! And if I grow more....which is very likely obviously...will I need bigger clothes? Oh dear God, please spare me.
2 comments:
I had a couple of jeans, 1 pair of capris, 2 pairs of shorts and 1 pair of dress pants. My bottoms were bought at maternity stores (Motherhood, Pea in a Pod, Old Navy, sale Nordstroms online). For tops, I just bought size large shirts from the stores I would normally shop at (Nordstroms, Gossip, Urban Outfitters). That saved me money because after Lara was born, I had clothes to wear (instead of having to wear maternity clothes). Also, lots of loose/flow-ey dresses. Have you bought a "Bella Band"? That lasted me thru month 6. Good luck, it only gets harder to deal with clothing! ;) LOL.
ll I never got the bella band. Didn't see the point. hahaha. but now I do. I'll definitely get it next time. ;) I'll also definitely be getting another pair of jeans and some capris for summer. I bought some bermuda shorts but i might have to return those. And about half the shirts I wear are non maternity so that's good for after. And all my dresses totally work for summer and are non maternity. Gotta love the styles. I guess I just feel guilty about buying more clothes. :-/
Post a Comment