I am 27 weeks 3 days and officially in the 3rd trimester! I'm in the home stretch. Wow. Its amazing to be here. Especially knowing that if for some reason our baby boy was born today, he would be able to survive after a short stay in the ICU. His lungs are developed enough to survive. How cool is that! But hopefully Baby Geefunk will stay in his uterine home for at least 2 more months (36 weeks). Plus, I have a feeling he's enjoying it in here because his activity level has shot up! G can now feel him rolling around and poking out.
Speaking of, as I'm typing the post on my blackberry my hands are resting at the top of my belly and I think baby G thinks I'm playing with him! My hands bounce on my belly as I type and baby G is hitting back! It's so cool! These are the kind of things I'll miss about being pregnant. I had a tough 1st trimester, but this makes it all soo worth it. It took a while for me to feel good and start enjoying being pregnant. I'm finally here and incredibly thankful.
Now this post is all good and happy, but I did get some not so great news today. I failed my 1 hour glucose test. My results were high and now I have to take the 3 hour glucose test and pray A LOT that I pass this one and not diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I am comforted by the fact that quite a bit of women fail the 1 hour and then go on to pass the 3 hour. I do fear that my family history of diabetes will somehow play a roll. So pray for me please! I take the test Thursday morning. On a selfish note, I really really do not want to give up my obsession with Big Sticks and frozen yogurt. OMG! And french fries!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
1 comment:
Don't worry, everything will be ok. I'll be praying for you! A friend of mine at work had it during her 1st pregnancy. She had to deal with a strict diet but, everything else was perfectly normal. Keep us updated!
Post a Comment