Thursday, May 22, 2008

Braxton Hicks

So I think I had my first brush with BH contractions last night. But I'm afraid they were more than that. Just before 10:30pm I felt my uterus tighten. Exactly 2 mins later I felt like a ring around my belly & back and it was pretty uncomfortable. Then it kept happening. Every 2 mins, but it was more than uncomfortable it hurt a little. After the 4th one I started getting really bad back pain. I immediately started chugging water and laid down. They continued every 2 mins for about a half hour, maybe 45 min. Once I was laying down my back pain got better and I couldn't really feel the BH anymore. It was sorta scary as I had no idea if this was normal or not. And once I told G he was pretty freaked out. I eventually fell asleep, as it was almost midnight, and when I woke up to pee around 1am I felt fine. Thank gawd.

One of my books said that this should be reported immediately if painful or accompanied by back pain. I don't have a 24hr number i can call, so I figured I'd chug the water [i think i had 1 liter!] and lay down like I have read on my message board. Seemed to help. Now I gotta ask my doc what the heck do I do if I ever need medical attention during non-office hours. I have no idea!

I felt crampy this morning. My back sorta hurts. I sorta just feel sore. Nothing of an actual contraction. I called my doc and left a message with the nurse. I better get a call back soon. I think I'm still having braxton hicks contraction because my belly continues to get really hard, but this time it's random and not painful.

Baby G, please stay put and stop testing your mommy so soon!

Oh yeah, did I mention I was woken up by I wonderful charlie horse in my left calf at 4:30am? Yeah, it was a great night. :-/

1 comment:

gee said...

BH are a pain in the ass. Just pay close attention to those, you'll never know if it's real labor pains or not.
Hopefully you're feeling better.