Andy had his 2 month checkup today and it went great.
Weight: 12lbs 1oz
Height: 23in
Doc was amazed at his strength and told me to watch out because he might roll over soon since he's so strong. Go formula! LOL.
He also had his first set of shots today. 1 oral, 2 in one thigh, and the painful shot in the other thigh. He did surprisingly well! Thank gawd I had remembered reading about a mom who breastfed her baby while he got the shots, so I gave Andy his bottle and sat him on my lap to get his shots. He got the first 2 shots and cried out a little but quickly carried on eating. Then he got the painful shot and he screamed in such a sad painful tone. That lasted about 5 sec and he carried on eating. It was wonderful. I held him for a few minutes and then got him fully dressed. He was all smiles as I dressed him. He's such an awesome baby!
He passed out on the way home and slept about an hour and woke up hungry. He ate and went right back to sleep and slept on my chest for about 2 hours. He was awake for a while and then ate again and passed out in bed with dad. He slept for almost 6 hours and then woke up to eat. He hasn't even been fussy! He has been his normal happy babbling self. Around 9pm we did notice he felt warm. I wasn't home so I gave him 1/2 the tylenol dose. When I got home I took his temp and he has 101 fever. I gave him the rest of the allowed dose and now he's eating and falling asleep. I'm gonna have to take his temp in another 30 min. I don't want to go to sleep without knowing his fever is decreasing.
But other than this he has been great. Just more sleepy than usual. I pray that everyone has an easy time like this! Feeding during the shots was the best advice ever!
And don't worry Andy - no more doctor's (hopefully) for 2 months!
9 weeks 4 days
(2 months 5 days)
2 comments:
Oh poor baby. Hope he's doing better.
Yay Andy! He's doing so well! Awesome :)
Post a Comment