Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy 3 Months!
























It's almost 1am and I'm barely getting a chance to post, so this will be quick. I'll also have to post again because my brother refused to edit the pictures he took of Andy today. So that'll be another post.

Today...wait...yesterday Andy turned 3 months old. How time flies. We are now:

- sitting on our own...falling over so you need pillows.
- drinking 4-5oz of formula every 3-4hrs
- not sleeping thru the night..although you did drop a night feeding.
- everyone says you are chubbier and bigger than a few weeks ago...I suppose I agree.
- You love smiling and laughing out loud with your Tia Nancy. She's so funny when she sings the Itsy Bitsy Spider.
- you are currently taking power naps thru out the day [about 30min each], but you still have one long nap [about 2hrs].
- You go to sleep for the night between 7-9pm, wake up to eat between 2-4am, and then again between 6-8am.
- you have this crazy internal alarm that wakes you about 10 mins before 7am. It's pretty reliable...except when I need it. You slept in the day I was counting on you. :) Sleep is nice though.
- You're favorite book is Guess How Much I Love You, although 8 Silly Monkey's is a close second. It's great how much you love being read to. You can be fussy and upset, but as soon as I start reading and you see the book...you're a happy camper.
- I think you're officially over wide neck bottles. You seem to hate drinking out of the Born Free glass bottles. You drink much better out of the Dr. Brown's 8oz BPA free plastic bottles.
- You have been wearing size 3-6 months for almost a month now. Some 3-6 months [Old Navy] are already getting tight!
- You're tiny feet have grown a size...growing out of size 1.
- You're baby hair is falling out like crazy!
- Could be due to the cradle cap. But I rub 100% pure olive oil on your head on brush of the dry skin. I think Aveeno did this to you [even though they say it isn't caused by allergies]. We are back to solely using California Baby products.
- You are definitely making eye contact with people you know, and not so much with those you don't. Sorta funny that you show preference.
- You are playing more with your toys and bringing everything up to your mouth.
- You found your hands about a week ago. I found you in the morning staring at your hands. It was cute!
- If left on your side you will unwillingly roll onto your belly. Since you hate tummy time this really makes you mad.
- Your head and neck are very strong now. We can lift you over our heads and you keep your head up and look at your surroundings.
- You're legs are also very strong, ever since your 2 month check-up you have been grasping our hands and lifting yourself up. You will even stand for a bit.
- You are also developing a temper. You're still the best baby ever but it's pretty entertaining when you get upset. We can really distinguish your different cries now.

I guess I had a lot to say! I'm sure there is more, but this is all I can think of at 1:15am. Good night!


13w2d

3 comments:

Angelica said...

Amazing how huge he is! Really, he's grown twice the size since I last saw him only a few weeks ago! Plus I can totally see how his little face is turning into your's, in a cute boyish way of course. Since the begining I thought he was the cutest baby ever but he only keeps getting cutter!

Anonymous said...

awwww...Little Andy!
I need to meet this little guy!
He is Adorable, Gaby!...Defintely see the Vega in him! :) xoxo Jackie and Julian

California Girl said...

G, he is SO cute! What a looker! He is so handsome!

I can't wait till Maya gets to be closer to 3 months. The newborn stage is exhausting!