Monday, October 6, 2008

Milestone: Laughter & Gripping/Reaching

One word: Amazing!

I can't even begin to describe what it is like to see your little creation grow before your eyes.

Today Andy got a bath.

Today Andy laughed out loud while in his bath.

It was the funniest moment. We put him in his bath and began pouring water over his body. G accidentally splashed a little water on Andy's face. I laughed a little and began to wipe his face and suddenly Andy was laughing. That baby chuckle that happens over and over. G and I looked at each other in amazement and began to laugh. As soon as we laughed Andy stopped. But as soon as we stopped he started up again. It was crazy considering we weren't expecting this milestone for another month or two. I mean every book/website says that babies don't laugh until their 3rd or 4th month. I now wonder if this was a one time thing or if he'll continue. He definitely wasn't freaked out by the sound of his laughter. We'll see!


Andy is also reaching for things and gripping. I have put some of those plastic, colorful rings on his car seat and his bouncer. We were at lunch today and he began reaching for the rings in his car seat. He would actually grip them and bring them up to his mouth.

These are amazing milestones. Early milestones. Add this on to the way he "talks" back to G and the fact that he now sticks out his tongue thanks to me (I did it as a test to see if he would mimic me and he did!)....I think we have one smart baby on our hands! I felt a wave of panic for a second today thinking that this cannot be ignored. We must feed the brain! I need more stimulating toys! I need to spend more time playing with Andy and reading to him! I can't ever go back to work! LOL! I wish.


10w1d
(2m1w2d)


3 comments:

Angelica said...

Boy genius!

Betty said...

Awww! Isn't it the sound of their cute little laugther great! Melts your heart.
•Betty• @
http://thejoereview.com/

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 Months Andy! Love, Jackie and Julian