

On Monday Andy turned 9 months. And what a month we just had! So much happened! Seems he has had a big 6th month and a big 8th month. Love it. This month we'll do the rundown in the form of a letter.
Dear Andy,
This is such an amazing time for us. Your dad and I are having the time of our lives watching you grow and come into your own. Every day comes packed with new surprises and it's no surprise sometimes you'd rather stay up and practice your new skills rather than sleep.
Here's a list of what has happened:
- You sat up on your own! Of course it happened in your crib at bedtime. We found you playing and you were so excited that you promptly pulled yourself to a stand. We were amazed. But we quickly realized you were no longer safe and the crib mattress couldn't wait to be lowered. Unfortunately, this new "trick" really made bedtime a pain. For about a week you just wanted to play in your crib instead of going to sleeping. It would take you 2 hours to finally quit and fall asleep. But for the last 4 days you have been going to sleep after 10 min. So I think they novelty has worn off. We did have to start the "CIO" [cry it out] method since you thought it was a game. You never cried much so it wasn't hard.

- You are beginning to understand more and do things that I've been showing you forever! Like "arms up" - you now put your arms up with me! You mostly respond to just "up." You like to lift your arms to your head and then wave from there [opening and closing your hand]. It's really cute [but then again what isn't :)]. Yo top it off you sometimes say "up" when you put your arms up. That amazed me! You did it all on your own and said "up" as I was walking into the room.
- Here are the words you now say on a daily basis: mama, dad and up [along with all the other babble]. Short list but last night you said hi when the little girl waved on the tv. But that's in the 9th month so we'll leave that for the next post.
- You're also giving kisses! We say "beso" or "besito" [kiss in spanish] and you make a kiss sound. But of course, like with everything else you only do it when you want to, not really on command.
- As far as food you are eating a lot of things now. I am trying to cut away from jar food and start giving you more homemade food. Not just because jar food is probably crap [even though i do buy earth's best] but because it's also so bland! You hate a lot of it already, but if I give you the same homemade stuff you gooble it up! You're also so much better with chunkier food. YOu had a terrible gag reflex but it seems that it is gone. You like pasta cut up really small. You love crackers and those puffed gerber snacks that look like cheetos and are probably not that good for you but whatever it keeps you busy when we're out. You love those yogurt melts like crack! You like tiny cubes of cheese. And watermelon....you love that anytime. You're also eating the "sopitas" abuelita makes. You will eat some mexican rice soaked in bean juice and peeled beans. [This is what'll keep you Mexican, LOL.] And you also had the plain yogurt from Pinkberry with strawberries and loved that like crack! Only a few bites of course. Just to introduce you to more flavors.
- I'm not sure this belongs here as it happened the day you turned 9 months but you finally crawled. Only thing is I don't think you realize that you can now go anywhere you want by crawling. You will only crawl when you see something that you really want. But you are getting better at it by the day. Your dad and I totally thought you were skipping this and going straight to walking since you are also cruising on all the furniture.
- And as far as your stats - we don't have any since you just had an appt at 8 months. Won't know your stats till your 12 month appointment. But If I had to guess I would say close to 30in [by the way you fit in your carset] and maybe just around 19lbs. I feel that you've lost weight with all the growing. A pair of jeans that were beginning to fit tight are now loose. So I don't think you've really gained more weight.
- You are now riding in your new convertible carseat in my car [dad keeps the infant carseat till you've fully outgrown it - as of now we can't afford a 2nd convertible carseat]. After many months of research we decided on the Britax roundabout. It took a side-by-side comparison at babies-r-us to make the final decision. Also helped that I got the seat for $30 off thru diapers.com. You seem to like it. You definitely have a way better view now.
I think that is all for now. I mean seriously....for 1 month this is more than enough!
Andy, it is such a joy watching you grow and become more aware of the world you live in. You are always exploring and learning new things. You may not be the most smiley baby ever, but we don't mind one bit because you melt us with that intense stare you give when you're trying to figure out how something works. I know your little brain is constantly working over time trying to figure out this world. And when it matters most you give us that shy little smile that melts anyone around.

I love that you now love to cuddle in bed with us. Before you didn't want to sit still for a second, but in the mornings you will happy lay in bed in my arms while I talk to you.
This first year is just flying by. You are 3/4 of the way to your 1st birthday. I just can't believe how close it is! There are days I wish for more hours...more minutes...just to have more time with you at this stage in your life. But all we can do is soak as much in as possible with the time we do have.
Dear Andy,
This is such an amazing time for us. Your dad and I are having the time of our lives watching you grow and come into your own. Every day comes packed with new surprises and it's no surprise sometimes you'd rather stay up and practice your new skills rather than sleep.
Here's a list of what has happened:
- You sat up on your own! Of course it happened in your crib at bedtime. We found you playing and you were so excited that you promptly pulled yourself to a stand. We were amazed. But we quickly realized you were no longer safe and the crib mattress couldn't wait to be lowered. Unfortunately, this new "trick" really made bedtime a pain. For about a week you just wanted to play in your crib instead of going to sleeping. It would take you 2 hours to finally quit and fall asleep. But for the last 4 days you have been going to sleep after 10 min. So I think they novelty has worn off. We did have to start the "CIO" [cry it out] method since you thought it was a game. You never cried much so it wasn't hard.

- You are beginning to understand more and do things that I've been showing you forever! Like "arms up" - you now put your arms up with me! You mostly respond to just "up." You like to lift your arms to your head and then wave from there [opening and closing your hand]. It's really cute [but then again what isn't :)]. Yo top it off you sometimes say "up" when you put your arms up. That amazed me! You did it all on your own and said "up" as I was walking into the room.
- Here are the words you now say on a daily basis: mama, dad and up [along with all the other babble]. Short list but last night you said hi when the little girl waved on the tv. But that's in the 9th month so we'll leave that for the next post.
- You're also giving kisses! We say "beso" or "besito" [kiss in spanish] and you make a kiss sound. But of course, like with everything else you only do it when you want to, not really on command.
- As far as food you are eating a lot of things now. I am trying to cut away from jar food and start giving you more homemade food. Not just because jar food is probably crap [even though i do buy earth's best] but because it's also so bland! You hate a lot of it already, but if I give you the same homemade stuff you gooble it up! You're also so much better with chunkier food. YOu had a terrible gag reflex but it seems that it is gone. You like pasta cut up really small. You love crackers and those puffed gerber snacks that look like cheetos and are probably not that good for you but whatever it keeps you busy when we're out. You love those yogurt melts like crack! You like tiny cubes of cheese. And watermelon....you love that anytime. You're also eating the "sopitas" abuelita makes. You will eat some mexican rice soaked in bean juice and peeled beans. [This is what'll keep you Mexican, LOL.] And you also had the plain yogurt from Pinkberry with strawberries and loved that like crack! Only a few bites of course. Just to introduce you to more flavors.
- I'm not sure this belongs here as it happened the day you turned 9 months but you finally crawled. Only thing is I don't think you realize that you can now go anywhere you want by crawling. You will only crawl when you see something that you really want. But you are getting better at it by the day. Your dad and I totally thought you were skipping this and going straight to walking since you are also cruising on all the furniture.
- And as far as your stats - we don't have any since you just had an appt at 8 months. Won't know your stats till your 12 month appointment. But If I had to guess I would say close to 30in [by the way you fit in your carset] and maybe just around 19lbs. I feel that you've lost weight with all the growing. A pair of jeans that were beginning to fit tight are now loose. So I don't think you've really gained more weight.
- You are now riding in your new convertible carseat in my car [dad keeps the infant carseat till you've fully outgrown it - as of now we can't afford a 2nd convertible carseat]. After many months of research we decided on the Britax roundabout. It took a side-by-side comparison at babies-r-us to make the final decision. Also helped that I got the seat for $30 off thru diapers.com. You seem to like it. You definitely have a way better view now.
I think that is all for now. I mean seriously....for 1 month this is more than enough!
Andy, it is such a joy watching you grow and become more aware of the world you live in. You are always exploring and learning new things. You may not be the most smiley baby ever, but we don't mind one bit because you melt us with that intense stare you give when you're trying to figure out how something works. I know your little brain is constantly working over time trying to figure out this world. And when it matters most you give us that shy little smile that melts anyone around.

I love that you now love to cuddle in bed with us. Before you didn't want to sit still for a second, but in the mornings you will happy lay in bed in my arms while I talk to you.
This first year is just flying by. You are 3/4 of the way to your 1st birthday. I just can't believe how close it is! There are days I wish for more hours...more minutes...just to have more time with you at this stage in your life. But all we can do is soak as much in as possible with the time we do have.
2 comments:
Wow gee I can't believe how fast your little guy has gotten. He's doing so much.
I love how you write a letter to Andy about all his achievements. That's super cool!!
Oops I meant to say grown not gotten.
Post a Comment