Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Breakfast of champions!

No, I'm not talking about Wheaties. I'm talking about the slice of pizza I had for breakfast! YUM-O! But now I feel totally guilty about it and I can't stop thinking that I shouldn't have had it. But it looked so good and tasted even better! So to make up for it, now I'm eating some sliced up strawberries and banana. This is seriously just as good if not better. And now I'm seriously craving some cherries from the guy selling them by the freeway exit. I think I'm gonna go hunt him down later.

Yesterday I noticed that I kept referring to our baby as "the kid" or "this kid." I think it shows just how non maternal I am. No....that's not it. I'm kidding. I just can't say "my baby" or "our baby." I'm not that mushy mushy. I am ridiculously happy about all of this, but I don't know. I can't even think of how to say it. I mean when I'm alone, I have been known to talk to our baby. And I say "baby." I don't say, "Hey. Whats up kid." But when it comes to conversations with other people I always find my self saying things like "When I pop out this kid..." "This kid already...."

Well for some reason it started to bother me yesterday. Why can't I say "baby" around others? I think every day is still totally new for us....well me. It's crazy that I'm pregnant! Hello?!?!?! 15 weeks in and I still stare at my belly in amazement. "Holy crap! Look at my belly! Oh yeah....I'm pregnant." Like....really? This is really happening? Quick! Some one pinch me!

Pregnancy is some crazy thing. Pretty fucking cool too. You know...aside from the puking and stuff . :)

1 comment:

Angelica said...

I think you’re just feeling a little self conscious about the whole thing. I’m sure once little BabyG comes out you’ll be more comfy with calling “it” baby. Heck you’ll probably be so comfortable that you’ll breastfeed in front of me when I go and visit… yeah, please don’t get that comfortable…