Sunday, August 24, 2008

4 weeks


Happy 4 weeks Andres. I'll take your "official" monthly photo on the 27th which is this Wednesday.

I love this picture because this is pretty much the only time we see him smile...when he's falling asleep. My brother got home from work and found Andres had set up camp in his room. Andres was half asleep and my brother started taking pictures of him. I uploaded the rest to flickr.

You'll also find pics like this one that were taken a week ago Sunday. He was wearing his cute little wayabera (sp?) and white linen pants outfit my sister gave him. My Cuban step-mother-in-law loved his outfit!

On to an update on Andres. He is growing big and strong. He is still eating every 2.5-4 hours [mostly every 3 hours]. He eats between 2.5 - 3.5 oz of formula. I'm thinking of switching his formula again because this Similac Isomil Advance Soy is giving him really bad gas, something he didn't have. Last night he had it bad and he fell asleep with me rubbing his belly. When it's this bad even those gas drops don't work. Earlier in the day my mom had rubbed his belly and back with pure olive oil which helped a little. I need to make a trip to whole foods to buy some. I guess I'll see how this week goes and maybe wait to till his 1 month check up next week to ask about switching formula.

Speaking of...the little guy is awake. Time to feed him and then we can all go to bed. I'll post tomorrow about my recovery. I had an awful weekend, but I am doing much better.


4 weeks

3 comments:

California Girl said...

He is such a doll-face! Hope his little tum-tum feels better. Being gassy is no fun!

gee said...

What a cutie!! I hope he belly feels better too. How 'bout putting a warm cloth on his belly to help? I heard it helps.

Angelica said...

Oh. My. Gosh. He's giant now! And super adorable! All I want to do is squeeze those rosy cheecks of his.

Pobrecito, I hope switching the formula helps.