So my boobs must be broken because my milk NEVER came in. So formula it is. I got the colostrum, which I was able to give to Andres a few times. Even leaked that a tiny bit once, but it was never seen again. I kept waiting for my boobs to get all huge, engorged, hard, painful, etc. and nothing. Nada. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. I mean I would get Andres to latch on. There was just nothing for him. Oh well. I wanted to breastfeed so bad I'm surprised I wasn't more upset about this. I think it's because we have really fallen into a schedule with feedings. And I love that G can feed Andres anytime. Andres seems perfectly happy with formula. We've had no issues. I hope the Leche League doesn't read this and come pin me with a scarlet 'F' for formula...or failure...either way.
In other news, Andres has his first pediatric visit today. It'll also be mine and Andres' first time out since coming home! I am SO getting cabin fever! I am ready to be out and about and enjoying my maternity leave with Andres. I know it has only been a week and a had a c-section. But my recovery has been awesome. I'm sore and have some pain and discomfort, but nothing outta control. I don't even take my vicodin. Just ibuprofen every now and then. OMG we should totally go have sushi for lunch tomorrow! GAWD I MISS SUSHI!!! RAW SUSHI!!! SASHIMI!!! And we can introduce Andres to Jimmy our sushi chef! Maybe we'll just get it to go as Andres may be too young to go out. Hmmm...better ask his pedi tomorrow.
Last night I also had my 1st postpartum beer! It was soooo good. I missed alcohol. Especially toward the end of pregnancy. The summer heat just makes a cold one look so much more appealing. I celebrated the end of trying to breastfeed with no milk and the end to pain meds. Also to the beginning of parenthood.
Alright it's almost 1am and Andres will be up in 2 hours. I was so tired earlier...I don't know what happened. Damn internet. I hadn't been on in forever and now I can't get off. It's an illness.
1 week old
No comments:
Post a Comment