Let me tell you about my fuckedup night.
When I got home from dinner at my mom's I had the sudden urge to take a huge dump or throw up. So I took a small [tmi] loose dump and my stomach immediately started hurting really bad. I laid down and my back started hurting. I couldn't tell if it was contractions or just overall pain. But I was in pain. Lot's of it. I chugged some water and immediately threw up. It was like I was auditioning for the exorcist. I felt like shit. I laid down again and my back pain became more intense.
And then the contractions started. There were some I couldn't even talk thru and were really close together. I wasn't sure what was going on though. I kept texting my cousin who is a postpartum RN for advice. She finally said I should call L&D. Of course, they have no useful info and just told me to go in if I'm worried. I felt like a lame ass going in because I really didn't think I was in labor and didn't want to go in for nothing. But 2 hrs later my mom convinced me to go in and get checked out just to make sure everything was ok.
We arrived at L&D just before midnight. I felt so stupid being there as [of course] I was no longer in pain. Maybe the nerves of going magically made the pain disappear. So they hooked me up to the machine. My BP was high but then the 2nd take was low [this has been happening at every appt]. Absolutely no contractions while I was there. [Although there was a girl next door in A LOT of pain. I'm sure she's holding her baby today.] Baby was sleepy and not moving much so the nurse used this "stimulator" that buzzed my belly and made baby's heart rate shoot up. Poor guy! It must've freaked him out. It was so sad.
So after an hour and a half we were home. Contractions were brought on by vomiting. Tea for stomach pain and low-dose tylenol for back pain and cut down on salt for BP. Had some tea and tylenol and headed off to bed.
As soon as I tried to lay down my back pain returned with a vengeance. It hurt so much that I couldn't even cry. It hurt standing, sitting, walking, and especially laying down. OMG did it hurt laying down. And I couldn't breath when I laid down because the pain was so intense. Finally busted out the heating pad which only took the edge off. I was so tired I would fall asleep while it was on and when I removed it the pain was still there just as intense. I would just cry thru the pain. DH finally passed out at 4:30am when I fell asleep for about 20 min. But I woke up in pain and was up until 6:30am. I couldn't take the exhaustion anymore so I laid down in pain and sucked it up. Found a spot that it didn't hurt as much and I could breath and eventually fell asleep. I woke up at 9:30am to my mom calling and was not in pain anymore. Slept till 12:30pm.
LONGEST SUCKIEST night ever. Now I'm crampy. :-(
And it didn't help that the nurse told me to ONLY sleep on my [dreaded] left side.
After last night I am SO ready to be done!
But of course baby isn't. Nurse said I am still 1cm, thick, and high. Baby is nowhere near descending.
OH! And did I mention we had company when all this began? Yeah we eventually left my brother my keys so they could lock up and go home if we took long.
39w
No comments:
Post a Comment