Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 1 - Pt.1

Daddy got to feed him for the first time with the formula. G really enjoyed this. Highlight of his day.

Just started pumping today. Got some of that yellowish liquid out. Tiny bit. It's a start since my milk hasn't come in. The lactation consultant promised me we could re-train Andy to take the boob once my milk came in. I trust her. So hopefully my milk will come in soon.

Today Andy was moved to a bigger "tanning bed" for his bilirubin. He's getting all day light treatment in hopes it'll get rid of the bilirubin fast. And this little guy is really strong! He loves sleeping on his side when not swaddled. He moves around a lot and can take off his special "tanning bed" mask. He's already impressing the girls with his strength. :-p

As far as recovery for me, I'm good. Way better than I thought I would feel. I don't have any bad pain. It is all mild. And I can lift myself with mcuh effort but really no pain. Except now that I have more gas it's getting painful. But I'm being a good patient and letting it all out. ;-) so I just got a light dose of non-narcotic pain meds in my IV. Can't remember the name.

I'll update again tonight. Oh, and so far no visitors. Sorta like having the morning/afternoon to ourselves since I'm still not out of bed. Not allowed to yet. Nurses keep coming by to clean me up and all that goos stuff. But I'm not saying dont come. Just don't come early. :-P

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

gee said...

Yeah c-sections suck. What a nice picture of daddy and son. Take it easy and I wish you a smooth recovery and enjoy your little Andy.