Monday, July 14, 2008

37 weeks

I just gave into a craving. We went shopping at Trader Joe's and there were a bunch of stuff I had been thinking about for a while. I ended up giving into my "antipasto" craving. The first thing I picked up is a pregnancy "no no" but i never feel those apply to me. OK not never....but sometimes. Like unpasteurized cheese. I know...bad...but is it really that bad when you've eaten it all your life? I've had panela [the cheese with the orangey-red rhine]....straight from Mexico....all fresh and good. ANYWAY....besides the point. Back to TJ's.

I had to have salami. Sooooo good! So i got that and some fresh [pasturized] mozzarella cheese, and tapenade for the olives. I also got some of those little mozzarella balls in the olive oil and herbs. Love it! TJ's was outta bread so we went to Albertsons and got the softest french bread. I ate like 1/4 of it on the way home. Once home I cut up some cheese, salami, bread, and got the tapenade dip and went to town! Even had some pellegrino with a lime wedge to complete the meal. Did I mention this was at 9pm? LOL! I ended up eating just over half [barely over] of that loaf of bread. I am soo stuffed right now that I can't go to bed. But it was soooo good. I must officially name this my 2nd pregnancy craving. I mean 3rd. We won't talk about that big mac at 1am. :-p

So 37 weeks = full term. This baby can come anytime now and be perfect. I'm finally here. We're finally here. Things are really falling into place. Wednesday I'm going to my moms to wash the baby clothes in her fancy washer. After that I can get everything sorted away and pack that hospital bag! I need to get some easy nursing gear to take to the hospital, so I think I'm gonna have to go shopping for this. I don't have any nursing bras yet. I'm afraid of the size I'll have to buy....how much further down the alphabet can I go? I don't really want to know.

One thing still missing in the "nursery" is a dresser. I can't seem to find the right size and height to put the changing pad on. I was really hoping to find something cheap at Ikea but it's not that cheap. And the matching dresser to our crib is $400 at BRU! That is insane. And it doesn't feel any sturdier than the Ikea ones. I don't know. I hate to be so thrifty when it comes to this, but cash is tight these days.

Also, earlier today my MIL came over from BRU with the Dr. Brown's bottle sterilizer and a suprise. The suprise was our stroller - the Chicco Cortina. She swears she didn't buy it but she also isn't saying who did. So for now, since she brought it I'm thanking her. I don't know why it has to be such a big secret. But I am so happy we don't have to buy this. And Diana - I know you love your bugaboo...if we had the funds I'd be all over it, but we take what we get right now. :)

P.S.
My camera seems to be missing. I haven't seen it since we moved. So no pictures yet. :( I know. My camera is old. Maybe it's time to buy a new one before baby G arrives.


37w2d

4 comments:

diana said...

LOL. That was our "big splurge". Everything else was cheap-o city. Congrats! UR almost there! I MUST get your gift to you before that baby comes! When is your last day of work? Can I slip in some time this week??
Also, as far as nursing clothing goes, I wore this tank top:

http://www.target.com/Gilligan-OMalley-Nursing-Tank-Ebony/dp/B000KLXGNC/sr=1-2/qid=1216109765/ref=sr_1_2/602-0850280-6105447?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aliz%20lange%20tank%20top&page=1

for like, 3 months straight. :) I recommend it. :)

California Girl said...

I've been eating salami throughout this entire pregnancy. I love the damn stuff! Total splurge!

Congrats on being full term. Must be so exciting!

Darlene said...

The baby was just asking for cheese and salami!

gee said...

OMG...sounds like R's late night snack. We always get the huge fresh mozzarella balls & bread for him.

Congrats on being full term. I'm really happy for both you & G!!