Thursday, July 24, 2008

38 week appointment update

No. further. progress.

Still 1cm and barely thinning. So much for those contractions. Doc says this will definitely be an August baby. Although we all know that labor is a mysterious thing that can happen at any moment no matter what the odds. So we'll see!

I am still having contractions on and off. Although non today. And it's not like I'm even taking it easy. I am out and about doing things everyday. So I am walking and still no progress. So now I really won't be taking it easy. We are totally ready to meet baby G! And totally ready to not keep his name a secret! It's such a build up....not like there could be a disappointment.

The next part is a total rant. I bought this customized print for baby G's room. It's the alphabet in brown letters and then within the alphabet [and in different colors that match his room] is his name. His name pops off the print. So I go to buy a frame only to realized that no such size frame is made. Fuckityfuck. You know what that means....custom framing....and you know what that means...money...lots of it. That print is now at Aaron Brother's getting custom framed. We went the cheaper route [if you can even call it that] and got a big frame and are custom matting the print. Then they have to throw in the special glass and all that shit they sell you on. I just said yes. So I am now paying 3 times more than I thought I should. Moral of the story: don't buy odd shaped prints if you're tight on money.

38w 5d

No comments: