I had my 37 week check up today and had quite a scare. My BP was really high - 153/97. Although I've had it high the whole pregnancy [normal for me to be in the upper 130's to low 140's] the doc hadn't been concerned because it was steady. But today she was really concerned and talked about sending me straight to the hospital to have tests run and if toxciema came up i'd be induced within 24 hrs. You shoulda seen the scared look on G's face.
So she went on to do my first internal. I am 1 happy cm dilated. She didn't mention effacement and I was too worried to ask. She did say it was good that I was starting to dilate because then I could try to have a vaginal delivery and not a c-section if worse comes to worse. She also said that although I am petite i have a nice wide pelvis so I'll be able to deliver vaginally without a problem. yay!
So we went back out and she had the nurse check my BP manually. THANK GOD it had gone down! 129/90. I was so scared it was gonna be higher since I was freaking out a bit. So no trip to Labor & Delivery. Baby G is gonna keep on baking!
She did order me to stop working immediately. So I am officially on maternity leave. :)
What a day.
OH YEAH! Also lost 1lb bringing my total gained so far to 15lbs. :)
37w 5d
2 comments:
yay! Good job keeping that baby in there. I was 5 days past my due date and, you want to know how much I was dilated? ZERO. BIG FAT ZERO. It was terrible.
You are right on track! I'm so excited!! :)
Glad to hear that it all turned out good and yay for being 1 cm dilated.
I had preeclampsia and it wasn't fun let me tell ya. It's some scary shit! It took going slightly blind on my left eye to realize somethings was wrong.
Post a Comment