Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gender Issues

So we had our final u/s this morning and the good news is he is head down and I don't have a gigantic baby. Doc estimates around 6lbs right now. The not so great news that could be nothing but we still can't help to focus on is that...well here's the conversation:

Doc: So it's a girl, right?
Me: Ummm...no...you said it was a boy...
Doc: Oh! well then it must be. The machine is just saying it's a girl.
Me: Huh? So it's not a boy?
Doc: I'll check right now to make sure.
G: [trying to pick jaw off the floor]
Doc: Well it's too tough to see anything. Things are tight now. But if I said boy then it is. I've rarely been wrong.
Me: Well the big u/s gave us a damn clear picture.
Doc: Then don't worry. The machine assumes girl when it can't see anything else. He is really squished in there right now. So don't worry.

So now we can't stop thinking that we might have a surprise after all! And our room is sooo not gender neutral. Now all the cute last minute boy stuff I wanted to buy I'm having second thoughts about. Maybe I should wait? I'm thinking happy boy thoughts. That big u/s picture was too clear to not be a boy. I'm not buying it....for now.

I am really trying so freakin hard not to think that it might not be a boy. But come on! We have so much boy stuff! G was soo looking forward to this appt. Poor guy. Obviously a healthy baby is first, but still. Plus, that big u/s pic is so clearly a boy. Crazy doctor. I even forgot to ask her if I should work up until my due date.

In other news, everything else was good. I gained 3lbs in 2 weeks bringing my total to 16lbs. I am now going weekly, but my internals don't start till next week.

And last, here I am last night at 36w4d. Cell phone pic since I couldn't find my camera. with weird shiny eyes.
36w 5d

4 comments:

Angelica said...

WHAT! :-O

ohmygawd.ohmygawd.ohmygawd.ohmygawd.ohmygawd.ohmygawd.ohmygawd.ohmygawd.ohmygawd.ohmygawd.ohmygawd.OHMYGAWD!

geefunk said...

LOL! Not that it's funny...but you are. I am sooooo not gonna stress it [onthe outside] because I know this baby is a boy! But can you effing believe she [my OB not the baby] would scare us like that?

Darlene said...

Is 16lbs normal weight gain while you're pregnant? Maybe you can buy some last minute onesies that are gender neutral yellow?

geefunk said...

Darlene: you calling me fat? LOL. Do you mean like is it too little or too much? My doc thinks it's perfect for me. I'm petite and had extra luggage to begin with so I'm already way outta my "normal" weight zone. So the less the better for me. As long as the baby keeps growing, that's all that natters.