We have officially been OK'd to go home. Andres is perfectly healthy. Already past his birth weight, eating almost 2 ounces every 2-3 hours, and pooping and peeing a lot! I just got my staples removed, I pooped yesterday for the 1st time, showered for the 1st time, and I haven't had any crazy pain.
I just got my breakfast delivered. I'll be eating and pumping some liquid gold for Andres' next feeding around 10. We'll then get ready to go home. It's both exciting and terrifying. But last night we went against the nurses advice of sending Andres to the nursery for our last night and roomed with him and everything went great. We're so ready. Just not ready for life outside the hospital. Here we just focus on Andres and my recovery. At home it's a whole other ballpark.
I guess I'm also worried about the influx of visitors. Being as its our first baby, G and I have decided to "close shop" on Friday. We need at least one day to ourselves to adjust to life at home. Of course, if you would like to bring us food then we can't refuse! ;-)
Wish us luck!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
2 comments:
I'm so thrilled for you my dear! Good luck at home!
You and G will do great!! Enjoy parenthood.
Post a Comment