On Tuesday, July 17th, I decided to take an HPT [home pregnancy test]. The hubs and I weren't exactly "trying" but we weren't exactly "not trying" either. So, since we had been humping like rabbits in the last month with absolutely no protection, I decided to test [I waited until the day AF (aunt flo) was suppose to show up]. Something was already up that led me to test. I had been spotting for 4 days straight and had mild cramps for about a week already [very unlike me], and my boobs hurt like hell! TMI - my nipples also hurt like a mo'fo. So I took a digital test, wrapped it in toilet paper, set it on the counter and began my day. I brushed my teeth [gagged a little], combed my hair and then notice the tissue had come undone. I look down at the test and there it was......PREGNANT.....O.....M......G.....I stared at the test for a good 5 minutes continuously saying "omg."

Even though I had an inkling that this would be the outcome I was still totally shocked to see it come up. I mean it only took like less than 2 min. to show up. I grabbed the test and ran into our bedroom, jumped on our bed and scared the crap outta G. I waited a few seconds for him to gain contentiousness and then held the test in front of his face. He then looked at it confused for about 20 seconds. Looked at me.....looked at the stick....looked at me....asked if he was dreaming....looked at the stick.....i started bawling! He knew it was real. Yeah I cried for a bit and he's just in shock. He wanted me to go out and buy more tests...lol. We joked that at least he wasn't shooting blanks and how crazy it was it happened on the first not so real "try." After about 15 min. of laying in bed in a daze he asks, "so what's next?" "So much!" I replied.
SUREAL! Nothing prepares you for moments like that. So here I am. 3 days after my BFP [Big Fat Positive]. That same day I paid a visit to my doc's nurse who promptly made me pee in a cup and got nothing. He had me take a test home to use early the next morning. You see....morning pee is the best. It's not diluted yet and the pregnancy hormone is more likely to show up on a test. Sure enough there were 2 lines the next morning. Another visit to the nurse to prove it and I was off with many congrats and a an appointment with a new OB. Coincidently the OB I chose delivered my niece, so I know we're in good hands.
The sad/hard part is that our first appointment isn't until August 14th. That's a long ass time to wait. What the fuck are we suppose to do until then? Buy a million books to edumakate ourselves? Plus, we have a Seattle trip in 2 weeks and I'm suddenly afraid to leave my home. I feel like I should be on bedrest until we hear a heart beat and get confirmation. I just don't trust pee I guess. G is having a hard time believing it too. But I guess it's real. Still no AF. Boobies still hurt like a mo'fo.
So allow me to recap and say that this was NOT planned. But we could not be any more ecstatic about it. Almost 8 months into our marriage, but this is not what we had planned for the first year. But most of you reading this that know us also know that G has wanted kids since we were dating. So really, you shouldn't be that surprised. In the last 2 months I had really been worried about pregnancy and wondering if it would be difficult for us since I only have 1 ovary. Well.....we got our answer. My 1 baby is working like a rock star! Popping out eggs in a timely fashion. And G....well....he's happy his little swimmers work! LOL
Now the stats -
How far along? 4 weeks 3 days
EDD [Estimated Delivery Date]: March 26, 2008
Baby's Daddy? Come on now! I'm just busting your chops. [sorry babe....didn't mean to offend you. luv ya!]
SUREAL! Nothing prepares you for moments like that. So here I am. 3 days after my BFP [Big Fat Positive]. That same day I paid a visit to my doc's nurse who promptly made me pee in a cup and got nothing. He had me take a test home to use early the next morning. You see....morning pee is the best. It's not diluted yet and the pregnancy hormone is more likely to show up on a test. Sure enough there were 2 lines the next morning. Another visit to the nurse to prove it and I was off with many congrats and a an appointment with a new OB. Coincidently the OB I chose delivered my niece, so I know we're in good hands.
The sad/hard part is that our first appointment isn't until August 14th. That's a long ass time to wait. What the fuck are we suppose to do until then? Buy a million books to edumakate ourselves? Plus, we have a Seattle trip in 2 weeks and I'm suddenly afraid to leave my home. I feel like I should be on bedrest until we hear a heart beat and get confirmation. I just don't trust pee I guess. G is having a hard time believing it too. But I guess it's real. Still no AF. Boobies still hurt like a mo'fo.
So allow me to recap and say that this was NOT planned. But we could not be any more ecstatic about it. Almost 8 months into our marriage, but this is not what we had planned for the first year. But most of you reading this that know us also know that G has wanted kids since we were dating. So really, you shouldn't be that surprised. In the last 2 months I had really been worried about pregnancy and wondering if it would be difficult for us since I only have 1 ovary. Well.....we got our answer. My 1 baby is working like a rock star! Popping out eggs in a timely fashion. And G....well....he's happy his little swimmers work! LOL
Now the stats -
How far along? 4 weeks 3 days
EDD [Estimated Delivery Date]: March 26, 2008
Baby's Daddy? Come on now! I'm just busting your chops. [sorry babe....didn't mean to offend you. luv ya!]
1 comment:
Oh sh!t! The EDD is during March Madness. [I think] May not be able to visit you. Sorrio, but here's my 8 month warning...
Ges kidding, muwahahahaha! You know i love ya and wouldn't miss it for the world. Have a h&h, not to be confused with h&m the store, 8 months!
Could I be any more excited!!!
Post a Comment