Monday, July 23, 2007

Discoveries & Changes

It seems that for the time being my posts are going to consist of new discoveries and changes I am experiencing. Since I know nothing else! Here is a list of some "new" discoveries and changes that occurred over the weekend.
  • Black Poo - yes, my poo is almost black. Good thing I just read that this could happen with all the iron in the prenatal vitamins or else I would have been flipping out!
  • Leg cramps - something else I have read is common in pregnant women. I was afraid of this since I have got cramps in my calves quite frequently in the past. On Saturday, we were at a wedding and I almost got a cramp 3 times! Scary. I bet my heels and the cold didn't help. But I was staying hydrated. I have also been waking up to an almost pull in the middle of the night when I stretch. So scary. I hate leg cramps.
  • Muscle Pulling? - I keep feeling maybe a muscle just over my left pelvis that sort-a feels like it's pulling. I feel it when I turn certain ways and I suddenly become afraid that its a cramp in my uterus and ET is growing in my fallopian tube. I know I'm just paranoid. But it feels weird. Sometimes it hurts and it lasts a good 10 second and then goes away. Weird.
  • I've been sleeping like a corpse. I can pass out anywhere now and not feel a thing! It's crazy! And I still wake up tired. These days I also can't seem to make it past 9pm. And that's pushing. Friday into Saturday I slept a good 13 hours and still was struggling to stay awake at a wedding at 10:30pm. As soon as I got in the car I was out until our exit.
  • Cheeseburger - I saw a Wendy's commercial last night for their something bacon cheeseburger and ever since then I really really want a cheeseburger. Like just cheese, meat, and bun. I even told G half asleep last night that I still wanted a cheeseburger. Seems to me it's gonna be tough to convince this man to go out and get me anything. I'm sure he thinks it's all in my head at this point since it's so early in the game, but dammit I really want a cheeseburger! Maybe I shouldn't have said I didn't want to eat fast food when pregnant. Oh well...
In other news, I bought the Week by Week book everyone raves about and G can't put it down! He was reading that last night while I read The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and we watched Extreme Home Makeover. He is absolutely amazed at how many changes my body is going through. It's cute....I <3 him. At this point I am also counting down the days until I get the dreaded morning sickness. I know it's my inevitable future. My mom was telling me she had it ALL NINE MONTHS with me! That is freakin insanity. I'm so scared. My sister says she got it in her 3rd month. A little better but still scary. We'll see I guess. Oh yeah - my parentals know now. I had to tell them Friday. I couldn't resist. My mom freaks out every time she thinks I'm sick and I couldn't keep lying to her. So we broke the news when we headed over to their house for dinner. They were so surprised. I told them they were going to grandparents again and I started to cry and then my dad hugged me and he teared up big time! [now I'm tearing up again just thinking about it] It was great. They were totally happy. We told them they couldn't tell anyone yet since we haven't even seen the doctor yet. Our first apt. is on Aug. 14th and maybe then we'll start spreading the news to more family. I'm sure my mom will not be able to contain herself. I predict she'll tell at least 3 other people. Also, my mom did take the opportunity to say she wishes we would have been a bit more "stable" before starting a family. That crazy lady still think we're gonna become rich. Sad little eyes she sees the world through. But that's my mother!

Oh yeah - and brother's reaction after I told him he would be an uncle again, "Who? You guys? Ha!" Totally gave us that "sucks to be you" laugh....yeah....that's my little brother I love too. My cousin J was also there a happened to overhear. So now she knows too. I know we can count on her to keep her mouth shut. Man this is tough! I don't think we'll make it till 8/14 to tell more people!

2 comments:

Angelica said...

You've got the most important step down, telling the parents w/o them killing you. :-D The again you two are married... and its real as oppossed to mentiritas. Church and all...

Seriously though, I really think I'm getting your sympthoms a la Stuck on You.

JESSICA! said...

TRUST ME I WONT! BUT ITS SO EXCITING! I WONDER IF THE BABY WILL READ THIS. WELL YOU KNOW WHEN HE/SHE GETS OLDER!