"Dude, we're at a football game, and it's the FREAKING 4th QUARTER! Time to sober up and get our sh*t together and get ready to go!"
Someone on the message board I frequent said this yesterday. I think she was talking about the 3rd trimester in general, but for me...this is how I feel about the last month...the final 4 weeks. And trust me, there is a lot of sh*t that needs to come together before this baby is born.
Today would not be a good start for that. I ended up staying home from work. I just felt like I had been run over. Last night, I watched and half-ass helped my mom and cousin unpack our kitchen and clean and put everything away. My dad also made himself busy putting boxes in empty closets and breaking down empty boxes. G made himself busy in our bedroom putting away clothes and shoes. And I watched and directed and have never felt more tired in my life. I can sooooo feel how different these last 4 weeks are going to be. I'm so tired. Way more tired....and all the damn time.
I was so tired last night and my feet were so painfully swollen that I cried when I went to bed. I had never felt so exhausted. Poor G, he always feels so helpless when I cry. But nothing was wrong, I was just tired. And the more I told myself not to cry the more the tears that welled up in my eyes. So today I am home. I just couldn't get myself up for work. Especially since I actually slept, something that hardly happens these days. But those damn upstairs neighbors had me up early with their loud ass steps and dropping shit.
But I do have to go to work later. There's a lunch thing and my CW has been making sure everyday I will be at work for it. Then when I told my cousin I wouldn't be in this morning but would go for the lunch he texts me back with, "you better be here for the lunch. wink wink." So yeah....somethings going on.
I also really wanted to blog about my baby shower this Saturday. But I want to do it with pictures. I need to get them from my brother though. He was our official photog. Looks like that post will have to wait another day.
So it's the 4th quarter ladies and gentlemen. Here we are....and I can't really say "finally" because it all just flew by for me. But I am mentally and emotionally ready. Everything else isn't. But things are falling into place. The baby's room is almost 100% clear of boxes. Babies R Us called yesterday that our crib and mattress are ready for pick-up. We have the glider and ottoman ready to be built. No bedding. :-( Gap has yet to re-stock our beloved bedding. And I am holding out for this! I will wait till the end of the month and then get overnight shipping. I've waited this long [sold out end of May].
We have a check for the carseat. We'll be buying that this weekend. Most likely get the stroller too. Although now I'm really unsure about our choices. I think I want I different carseat and a different stroller. Not a travel system that is all big and bulky, but maybe just a good carseat and a snap n go. Then we can get a cool maclaren stroller or something for when the baby can sit up and outgrows the carseat. Moms out here, any opinions?
Still so much to do! I think I'll go make myself happy by sorting thru all the cute baby clothes we got at our shower. That always makes me happy!
4 comments:
Can't believe you are almost there. So exciting! Everything will come together, it always does. Hope your work shower (tsk tsk) was great!
Wow gee 4 weeks to go. It probably will be the longest evah, at least it was for me. I was overdue so I guess that's why.
Do a lot of resting and keep those feet elevated. Can't wait to see the pix.
If I'm over due it will be the longest! Everyone says they are the longest weeks. I guess because now you're just waiting. We'll see how it goes since everything else has flown by for me!
I suggest the bugaboo:
http://www.bugaboostrollers.com/
The best investment we have ever made. It comes with a bassinet (for newborns) and converts into a regular stroller for when the baby can hold its head up. We also got a convertible car seat to avoid buying 2 carseats. I hope this helps!
Post a Comment