Friday, August 24, 2007

Confirmed Miscarriage

Yesterday our finally ultrasound confirmed that the sac was not gonna grow anymore. Medical term for this is "blighted ovum." My body still thinks it's pregnant even though nothing is developing. It was what G & I expected so we weren't devastated so to speak, but still super sad. I'm just happy to be able to move on. The doc said that it seemed that the sac didn't even develope past 4 weeks [if that far].

I have scheduled a D&C for Monday. I have to be at the hospital at 10am [with no eating since the night before] and the surgery will take place at noon. I'm taking work off until Wednesday and returning on Thursday. I know the time after the surgery will take its emotional toll. Especially since my hormones will be all outta whack afterwards.

I probably won't be posting again till afterwards since I don't have internet at home [which thinking about that makes me more sad that I won't have a connection to the e-world for so long]. But if I go to my moms house any day I'll definitely take a moment to update you loyal readers.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Angelica said...

Make sure G pampers you. Also, make sure you get tons of rest and water. And I know this may sound gross but you should try and drink wheatgrass shots this week and next. All those antioxidants will really help in the physical recovery process. Remember I'm here for the mental recovery. *hug*