Monday, August 13, 2007

Self Imposed Bed Rest

I'm gonna make this a quickie post since I have a terrible throbbing headache since 3 days ago.

I've been on a self imposed bed rest since Saturday. On Friday night I had some pretty uncomfortable cramps. Worse than the mild ones I had been experiencing. I sorta weird but not really. Tried not to think about it. Well Saturday morning I get up to pee and when I wipe low and behold there's red blood on the toilet paper. Not brown...but bright red. I put my freak out on pause and wipe again to double check and there it is...more blood. I star at it a good 3 minutes and then flush and proceed to tell G. I then break down and start sobbing.

Red blood is the one major fear I have had thus far. When I think miscarriage, I think red blood. Since I had been so worried with the brown spotting and then the cramps, when I saw red there was no way I could get it together and not worry. After letting out a good cry I composed myself since I didn't really know if it was bad. G left to take my parents to the airport and I stayed behind in case the bleeding continued and I had to drag my ass the the ER. THANK GOD that was the last of the blood. I did not see red again and have been on bed rest since holding out till our appt. tomorrow. I took it as a good sign that it was just a little bit and went away right away. I've read about people bleeding a bit and being fine so I did not want to over react and rush to the ER.

We'll find out the meaning of this tomorrow. And. I. am. so. scared. Saturday was the first day I actually thought I might be losing this baby. I was shocked at my reaction and how fast you become attached to an embryo that you think is growing inside of you. It's amazing. Motherly instincts kick right in I suppose. Please keep your finger crossed for us and hope that everything goes well tomorrow. I'm trying the think happy thoughts and talk to ET so it knows we want him it to be strong and stick around. And this coming form the girl who said she'd never talk to her belly!

No comments: