***this post has been a draft until today 10-15-10. Today is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I was reading thru my posts when I found this one. So here it is.***
*************
Today is the day. I have a doctor's appt. at 2pm for an ultrasound that will finally tell us if I'm still pregnant or not. I am nervous about it, but more relieved that it will finally be over soon. I've decided that if I am indeed diagnosed with some sort of miscarriage I will have a D&C.
A D&C (dilatation and curettage) is sometimes performed to "complete" a miscarriage. Remaining fragments of decidual or endometrial lining are removed. If there is still embryonic or placental tissue left behind, this procedure will remove them.
I was having a hard time deciding whether I wanted to miscarry naturally or get this procedure done. I was thinking that if I miscarried about 3-4 weeks ago and haven't miscarried naturally yet, then who knows how much longer it'll take. I don't think I can wait for this to happen another 2-3 weeks. Or even 1 week. This how ordeal has been so emotionally draining that I would rather just start the healing process sooner than later. I live in a daze. I can't focus on anything else but my body. I need to be done with this so I can return to my life!
After talking to our doc I'll decide whether or not to schedule a D&C. If I do, then I'll schedule it for sometime mid next week. I'll most likely take the rest of the week off work and then have the weekend. Sucky thing is I'll have to tell my boss what's going and to top it off he's on vacay till next tues. or wed. So I don't even see when I could tell him.
In other related news, I have officially diagnosed myself as an emotional eater. I wish being depressed and down in the dumps would cause me to stop eating, but unfortunately I have the opposite reaction. I have been eating more than ever and the scale has not been nice to me. I am on almost at 7lbs of weight gain since finding out I was preggers. 4 of those lbs has been gained since finding out I was most likely miscarrying. Sucks because I had just lost some weight so I quickly gained more back. Really, this doesn't help in making me feel better.
*************
Today is the day. I have a doctor's appt. at 2pm for an ultrasound that will finally tell us if I'm still pregnant or not. I am nervous about it, but more relieved that it will finally be over soon. I've decided that if I am indeed diagnosed with some sort of miscarriage I will have a D&C.
A D&C (dilatation and curettage) is sometimes performed to "complete" a miscarriage. Remaining fragments of decidual or endometrial lining are removed. If there is still embryonic or placental tissue left behind, this procedure will remove them.
I was having a hard time deciding whether I wanted to miscarry naturally or get this procedure done. I was thinking that if I miscarried about 3-4 weeks ago and haven't miscarried naturally yet, then who knows how much longer it'll take. I don't think I can wait for this to happen another 2-3 weeks. Or even 1 week. This how ordeal has been so emotionally draining that I would rather just start the healing process sooner than later. I live in a daze. I can't focus on anything else but my body. I need to be done with this so I can return to my life!
After talking to our doc I'll decide whether or not to schedule a D&C. If I do, then I'll schedule it for sometime mid next week. I'll most likely take the rest of the week off work and then have the weekend. Sucky thing is I'll have to tell my boss what's going and to top it off he's on vacay till next tues. or wed. So I don't even see when I could tell him.
In other related news, I have officially diagnosed myself as an emotional eater. I wish being depressed and down in the dumps would cause me to stop eating, but unfortunately I have the opposite reaction. I have been eating more than ever and the scale has not been nice to me. I am on almost at 7lbs of weight gain since finding out I was preggers. 4 of those lbs has been gained since finding out I was most likely miscarrying. Sucks because I had just lost some weight so I quickly gained more back. Really, this doesn't help in making me feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment